(WWLP) – We’re well past pothole season, but the city of Westfield is still paying the price. This past spring was one of Westfield’s worst-ever pothole seasons, and the 22News I-Team found out that fixing those roads has cost taxpayers millions.
The 22News I-Team searched through the city’s settlements and claims for the past five years and found a substantial amount has been paid to drivers whose vehicles were damaged by potholes.
Find out how many of your tax dollars are being spent to pay for repairs to drivers, as well as what’s being done to address the problem of road repairs.
Watch the 22News I-Team report on WESTFIELD POTHOLE MONEY, Tuesday, October 1st, on 22News at 6 p.m.
- Basketball Hall of Fame’s Enshrinement weekend to begin August 28
- Hoophall Classic, Red Sox Winter Weekend brought big business to downtown Springfield
- Hoophall Classic in Springfield wraps up
- Holyoke church providing food and clothing to the homeless
- Woman arrested in connection with man found dead inside Granby home