(WWLP) – We’re well past pothole season, but the city of Westfield is still paying the price. This past spring was one of Westfield’s worst-ever pothole seasons, and the 22News I-Team found out that fixing those roads has cost taxpayers millions.
The 22News I-Team searched through the city’s settlements and claims for the past five years and found a substantial amount has been paid to drivers whose vehicles were damaged by potholes.
Find out how many of your tax dollars are being spent to pay for repairs to drivers, as well as what’s being done to address the problem of road repairs.
Watch the 22News I-Team report on WESTFIELD POTHOLE MONEY, Tuesday, October 1st, on 22News at 6 p.m.
- West Springfield Police searching for missing 51-year-old woman
- In-depth coronavirus interview with Sec. Alex Azar, Surgeon General Jerome Adams, Dr. Deborah Birx
- NASA collects sample of ancient asteroid for voyage back to Earth
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force
- President Donald Trump brings his re-election hopes to Erie while holding rally at Erie International Airport