CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP)–Massachusetts General Law (part IV, Title 1, Chapter 269, Section 12E) provides regulations as to when someone can discharge a firearm within a certain distance of occupied buildings.
In September, the 22News I-Team received video from a viewer showing Springfield Police officers shooting into a dump truck, in a residential neighborhood.
They contacted 22News I-Team to find out why officers were firing their weapons so close to their homes and if it was legal.
Find out what the city had to say about this incident in the 22News I-Team report, Thursday, October 24 on 22News at 6 p.m.
- Food distribution event for veterans at Greenfield Community College in June
- Protesters enter Minneapolis police station, set fires
- Local runners express disappointment over Boston Marathon cancellation
- West Springfield Police investigating crash on River Street, several roads closed
- Rachel’s Table partners with Westfield Food Pantry to provide 200 dinners