CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP)–Massachusetts General Law (part IV, Title 1, Chapter 269, Section 12E) provides regulations as to when someone can discharge a firearm within a certain distance of occupied buildings.
In September, the 22News I-Team received video from a viewer showing Springfield Police officers shooting into a dump truck, in a residential neighborhood.
They contacted 22News I-Team to find out why officers were firing their weapons so close to their homes and if it was legal.
Find out what the city had to say about this incident in the 22News I-Team report, Thursday, October 24 on 22News at 6 p.m.
- Springfield elevated to high risk on COVID-19 map, halts reopening plans
- State awards grant funds for water quality management programs
- Discarded mail contained no Wisconsin ballots, officials say
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- Local agency helping residents suffering domestic violence during pandemic