CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP)–Massachusetts General Law (part IV, Title 1, Chapter 269, Section 12E) provides regulations as to when someone can discharge a firearm within a certain distance of occupied buildings.
In September, the 22News I-Team received video from a viewer showing Springfield Police officers shooting into a dump truck, in a residential neighborhood.
They contacted 22News I-Team to find out why officers were firing their weapons so close to their homes and if it was legal.
Find out what the city had to say about this incident in the 22News I-Team report, Thursday, October 24 on 22News at 6 p.m.
- 7 employees fired after brawl at Popeyes
- The Latest: Deval Patrick says he wants to be everyone’s president
- ‘It was pretty terrifying’: Hero officers rescue unconscious woman from burning car
- Fitness program helps local agency increase Autism awareness
- Volunteers deliver hundreds of Thanksgiving goods to Lorraine’s Soup Kitchen