CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – When someone sues your city or town your tax dollars are used to pay for some of those settlements.
The 22News I-Team dug through hundreds of pages of lawsuit records from several local cities. While some incidents are covered by a municipality’s insurance, most are not. We found out cities across western Massachusetts are using millions of your tax dollars to pay out large checks when they lose or settle a case.
Watch the 22News I-Team report on CITY LAWSUIT PAYOUTS, Thursday on 22News at 6 p.m.
- Northampton receives $10K grant to redesign, adjust to Covid-19 safety practices
- Food distribution event for veterans at Greenfield Community College in June
- Protesters enter Minneapolis police station, set fires
- Local runners express disappointment over Boston Marathon cancellation
- West Springfield Police investigating crash on River Street, several roads closed