CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – When someone sues your city or town your tax dollars are used to pay for some of those settlements.
The 22News I-Team dug through hundreds of pages of lawsuit records from several local cities. While some incidents are covered by a municipality’s insurance, most are not. We found out cities across western Massachusetts are using millions of your tax dollars to pay out large checks when they lose or settle a case.
Watch the 22News I-Team report on CITY LAWSUIT PAYOUTS, Thursday on 22News at 6 p.m.
- 7 employees fired after brawl at Popeyes
- The Latest: Deval Patrick says he wants to be everyone’s president
- ‘It was pretty terrifying’: Hero officers rescue unconscious woman from burning car
- Fitness program helps local agency increase Autism awareness
- Volunteers deliver hundreds of Thanksgiving goods to Lorraine’s Soup Kitchen