CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – If you own a property you pay taxes.
While most municipalities do their best to not increase tax rates, there is not much they can do about property assessment rates.
Beginning in January, the 22News I-Team received dozens of calls and emails from viewers across the region complaining about increases in their property taxes.
We went to the City of Springfield to find out how they assess property values, and what residents can do if they feel their property has been overvalued.
Watch the 22News I-Team report on PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT, Thursday, February 6 on 22News at 6 p.m.
- LIVE STREAM: Fabulous Fourth of July Fireworks
- Greater Springfield Harriers host 43rd annual 4th of July 5K virtually
- Old Sturbridge Village reopens to the public
- Students lead Black Lives Matter rally in South Deerfield
- Trump signs extension of COVID-relief fund for businesses