CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – If you own a property you pay taxes.
While most municipalities do their best to not increase tax rates, there is not much they can do about property assessment rates.
Beginning in January, the 22News I-Team received dozens of calls and emails from viewers across the region complaining about increases in their property taxes.
We went to the City of Springfield to find out how they assess property values, and what residents can do if they feel their property has been overvalued.
Watch the 22News I-Team report on PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT, Thursday, February 6 on 22News at 6 p.m.
- 22News Notebook for April 9th
- Financial hits pile up for colleges as some fight to survive
- Coronavirus local impact: Family gets creative with social distancing during Passover
- Justice delayed: Virus crisis upends courts system across US
- Police academy to close, offer accelerated online training