CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – For anyone who identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgendered or questioning their gender identity, coming out can be difficult. And learning to live with a new gender identity can be a challenge.
While coming out is rarely an easy decision, it can be made harder when you are young, and emotional health factors in.
On 22News InFocus we discussed mental wellness issues around gender identity and a new support program in our region for LGBTQ+ youth.
Learn about the Mental Health Association’s BestLife Clinic and the Safe Space Support and Educational Group for LGBTQ-PLUS persons, on 22News InFocus.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death during or following pregnancy
- Man indicted for causing 13 broken bones, brain injury of a two-month-old
- Cartels target police following arrests of leaders
- Experts: Minority voters will have huge impact in Democratic primary
- ‘Border security is national security’: Pentagon official visits wall, meets with guardsmen in South Texas