CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – More than 100 million Americans are living with some type of diabetes, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is the seventh leading cause of death in the U.S.
The three most common types of diabetes are Type 1, Type 2, and gestational. Getting the proper diagnosis and treatment can help reduce the risk of developing other life-threatening medical complications.
The good news is that diabetes can be managed, even reversed in some cases. A diagnosis does not have to limit your life.
This week on 22News InFocus we learned about diabetes, its causes, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- WATCH LIVE: Springfield provides update on power and water outages
- MEDIA: Damage reports from western Massachusetts residents
- Indianapolis 500 will run without fans
- Massachusetts travelers face restrictions; 3 nursing homes get warnings
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments