CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – More than 100 million Americans are living with some type of diabetes, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is the seventh leading cause of death in the U.S.
The three most common types of diabetes are Type 1, Type 2, and gestational. Getting the proper diagnosis and treatment can help reduce the risk of developing other life-threatening medical complications.
The good news is that diabetes can be managed, even reversed in some cases. A diagnosis does not have to limit your life.
This week on 22News InFocus we learned about diabetes, its causes, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Rains postpones Daytona 500, dampening event, Trump’s visit
- New York community shaken after two people die in a crash involving six cars
- ‘Sonic’ speeds to $57M debut; ‘Parasite’ sees big Oscar bump
- All-Star weekend, as expected, was about honoring Kobe
- Glamour, glitz at London Fashion Week despite stormy weather