CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – More than 100 million Americans are living with some type of diabetes, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is the seventh leading cause of death in the U.S.
The three most common types of diabetes are Type 1, Type 2, and gestational. Getting the proper diagnosis and treatment can help reduce the risk of developing other life-threatening medical complications.
The good news is that diabetes can be managed, even reversed in some cases. A diagnosis does not have to limit your life.
This week on 22News InFocus we learned about diabetes, its causes, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Caught on Camera: Tornado rips through Jonesboro, Arkansas
- WATCH LIVE: Governor Baker to provide coronavirus update
- Social distancing guidelines extended
- Chicopee confirms 20 cases of COVID-19
- Hampden County Sheriff’s Department not releasing inmates due to coronavirus concern