CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP)–The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that about 245,000 cases of breast cancer are diagnosed in women and about 2,200 in men in the U.S. every year.
This week on 22News InFocus we talked with doctors from the breast care team at Baystate Medical Center. They discussed the importance of the multi-disciplinary approach to a patient’s treatment that includes not only medical oncologists and surgeons, but pathologists, radiologists, and radiation oncologists.
These cancer treatment experts will outline how the integrated approach of each medical discipline contributes to the breast cancer patient’s overall care plan. We also looked at the newest advances in breast cancer care.
- Springfield city councilor urges Comcast/Xfinity to re-consider data cap
- Telehealth pivot called “fastest” in mental health history
- Frustrated Walsh gives voice to “shutting things down”
- No deal, but Mariano says negotiators “close” on health care accord
- Baker expects 300,000 vaccine doses in Massachusetts by end of month