CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP)–The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that about 245,000 cases of breast cancer are diagnosed in women and about 2,200 in men in the U.S. every year.
This week on 22News InFocus we talked with doctors from the breast care team at Baystate Medical Center. They discussed the importance of the multi-disciplinary approach to a patient’s treatment that includes not only medical oncologists and surgeons, but pathologists, radiologists, and radiation oncologists.
These cancer treatment experts will outline how the integrated approach of each medical discipline contributes to the breast cancer patient’s overall care plan. We also looked at the newest advances in breast cancer care.
- MEDIA: Damage reports from western Massachusetts residents
- Indianapolis 500 will run without fans
- Massachusetts travelers face restrictions; 3 nursing homes get warnings
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments
- Massachusetts launches first-in-the nation Clean Peak Energy Standard