CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP)–The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that about 245,000 cases of breast cancer are diagnosed in women and about 2,200 in men in the U.S. every year.
This week on 22News InFocus we talked with doctors from the breast care team at Baystate Medical Center. They discussed the importance of the multi-disciplinary approach to a patient’s treatment that includes not only medical oncologists and surgeons, but pathologists, radiologists, and radiation oncologists.
These cancer treatment experts will outline how the integrated approach of each medical discipline contributes to the breast cancer patient’s overall care plan. We also looked at the newest advances in breast cancer care.
- Tampa soldier surprises HS seniors who started writing him letters in kindergarten
- Cannabis Control Commission orders quarantine on marijuana vaping products
- Law enforcement, community prepare to remember Det. Jorge Del Rio
- Air Force takes lead in continuing search for missing airman, family releases statement
- CT man arrested after police allegedly seized narcotics hidden in lint roller