CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP)–The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that about 245,000 cases of breast cancer are diagnosed in women and about 2,200 in men in the U.S. every year.
This week on 22News InFocus we talked with doctors from the breast care team at Baystate Medical Center. They discussed the importance of the multi-disciplinary approach to a patient’s treatment that includes not only medical oncologists and surgeons, but pathologists, radiologists, and radiation oncologists.
These cancer treatment experts will outline how the integrated approach of each medical discipline contributes to the breast cancer patient’s overall care plan. We also looked at the newest advances in breast cancer care.
- GALLERY: What Oahu’s landmarks look like amid stay-at-home order
- ‘Zoom-bombing’: What it is and how to prevent it from happening during your next call
- Bamberg-Barnwell Emergency Medical Center responds to COVID-19 crisis
- Marlon Bundo, Vice President Mike Pence’s bunny, explains coronavirus guidelines
- Prison inmate desperate to get out, saying more inmates keep getting sick