PITTSFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) — The Massachusetts Department of Transporation is announcing New Road Bridge over the west branch of the Housatonic River in Pittsfield will be closed to traffic.
The road closure will begin on Monday, February 24. It is necessary to allow crews to replace the existing bridge and upgrade existing utilities.
A detour will be in place using Keeler Street to Mill Drive to Chatham Street. Drivers will see signs to inform them about the road closure and detour. The bridge is anticipated to be reopened in late fall 2020.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 5–1–1 and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com for real-time traffic.
Become a 22News Traffic Tracker // Get real-time driving traffic updates and detour information. Download the Waze App.
- AP Sources: Alleged Maduro co-conspirator is in DEA custody
- Tiz the Law wins a very unusual Florida Derby at Gulfstream
- Pittsfield police investigating Fenn Street foot shooting
- ‘Off the charts’: Virus hotspots grow in middle America
- Salon workers who had to close up shop form group to join fight against coronavirus