Three people are without a place to stay and a cat is dead after a 3-alarm fire in Orange Friday night.
According to the Orange Fire Department, firefighters were called to 31 High Street at 4:45 p.m. for a report of a structure fire.
When firefighters got to the home they found smoke and flames coming from inside the residence. Crews worked to put out the fire engulfing the doorway before they were able to get inside the home.
Once inside firefighters found a cat which they took outside, but were unable to revive it.
All residents of the home were able to get out safely before firefighters got there, and no injuries were reported.
Orange Fire Chief James Young told 22News the home suffered extensive smoke and water damage.
Greenfield and two other fire departments assisted Orange with mutual aide to put out the fire, which Young said took about two hours to control.
The cause of the fire was found to be a malfunctioning steam boiler in the basement that ignited nearby flammable materials.