ORANGE, Mass (WWLP) – Police are advising residents to not go outside and to avoid travel on Thursday because several areas aren’t accessible due to downed trees, wires, and power outages in Orange.
**UPDATE** at 1:20 P.M from the Orange Police Department: Power is back on in the center of town.
According to the MEMA Outage Map as of 1:32 p.m. 794 customers are without power in Orange.
The following is an update from the Orange Police Department at 11:24 a.m.
- Eagleville is open except for the last 3 houses. It is closed at that point
- Rte. 78 is open from 2A to the Warwick line, however, police say “Warwick is a mess.”
- East Road is blocked at approx. #100
- Ward Road is open on the Wheeler Ave end but closed at #51 so there is no access to East Road.
- Tully Road is open from the Athol line to approx. house #455.
- Creamery Hill Road is closed
- Main Street North is shut down where it turns to Athol Road at the sharp corner near the park. It is closed the other direction just west of the Wheeler Ave intersection approx. #135
- North Main is closed at #579
- Walnut Hill is closed at #377
- Fryeville is closed at house #60
- Mayo Road is closed
- Jones Cemetery Road is open on the Wheeler Ave end
- Athol Road is closed at #180
- Oxbow is closed on the first entrance about 1/4 mile in
Orange Police said the damage is severe enough that National Grid was unable to give an estimate on when power will be restored.
The Orange Armony has been opened as an emergency area for people with medical issues only.
According to the Orange Police Department, there is no school and the entire north side of town has no power. Police, the town and National Grid are all working to resolve the issues.
The Orange District Court is also closed for the day.
According to Orange Police If you need to report an emergency, call 911. If it is not an emergency, please use their business line at 978-544-2129.