GREENFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A new testing site has opened in Greenfield as part of the state’s ‘Stop the Spread‘ of COVID-19.
The walk-in testing site will be open six days a week and is free for asymptomatic Massachusetts residents by appointment only at Greenfield Community College. To make an appointment visit cic-health.com/stopthespread.
Hours this week, January 11 to January 16, are the following:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 8AM-3PM
- Tuesday/Thursday: 12-7PM
- Saturday: 10AM-2PM
Beginning on Monday, January 18, hours at the testing site will change to the following:
- Monday/Tuesday/Friday: 8AM-3PM
- Wednesday/Thursday: 12-7PM
- Saturday: 10AM-2PM
22News spoke with Interim Health Director Jennifer Hoffman. She said in the first two days they distributed 150 tests each day, “The benefit is detecting people that have COVID-19 or are asymptomatic with COVID-19 and by the time we find out, we can prevent the spread and have people isolating and quarantining appropriately.”
“Greenfield is thrilled to have the full support and weight of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts behind this COVID-19 testing effort – we have seen countless residents of Franklin County utilize this type of testing service and thank the State for their attention and assistance,” said Greenfield Mayor Wedegartner.
Massachusetts residents from any community can get tested at one of the Stop the Spread locations for free and do not need to have any symptoms. To find a free ‘Stop the Spread’ testing site in Massachusetts visit Mass.gov.
Western Massachusetts COVID-19 Test Sites
- UMass Amherst: Mullins Center, 200 Commonwealth Ave. Appointment only
- Berkshire Health Systems: 475 South Main Street. Appointment only by calling 855-262-5465
- CIC Health: Greenfield Community College. Appointment only
- Holyoke Community College: 3032 Homestead Ave. – Drive-through
- Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Tues, Thurs 2 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- War Memorial: 310 Appleton St. – Walk-up
- Mon, Wed, Fri 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Berkshire Health Systems: 98 Church Street. Appointment only by calling 855-262-5465
Berkshire Health Systems: 505 East Street. Appointment only by calling 855-262-5465
American Medical Response
- Eastfield Mall: 1655 Boston Rd.: Drive-through
- Daily from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- 595 Cottage St.: By appointment only, pull-up curbside testing
- Mon – Fri 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.