GREENFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A serious, head-on car crash in Greenfield on the Mohawk Trail shut down Route 2 in both directions for several hours Sunday afternoon.
Northwestern District Attorney’s Office Spokesperson Laurie Loisel told 22News, 32-year-old Javery A. Hattat of Bennington, Vermont is being charged in connection with the crash. He was allegedly driving a car that veered into the oncoming lane. Hattat pleaded not guilty on Monday and is being held on $10,000 cash bail with the condition not to drive a vehicle. He was charged with the following:
- Negligent operation of a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs resulting in serious bodily injury, 4 counts
- Reckless assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, 4 counts
- Negligent operation of a motor vehicle
- Possession of a class B substance (cocaine)
- Failure to stay within marked lanes.
Two parents from Rhode Island were airlifted to the Baystate Medical Center’s Trauma Unit, while their two children were taken by ambulance.
Hattat was sent by ambulance to Baystate Franklin Medical Center.
A pretrial conference is scheduled for May 9th.