Fifteen residents are without a home after a fire on Leete Street Tuesday evening.
Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad Captain Brian Tetreault told 22News firefighters were called to 51 Leete St. around 3:38 p.m., where they found a fire in a bedroom on the third floor of the home.
Capt. Tetreault said the fire was quickly put out once crews arrived and no injuries were reported.
The fire is said to have been caused by a child playing with matches which ignited a mattress. Capt. Tetreault said everyone got out safe.
The Red Cross is assisting six residents from the first floor and nine residents from the second and third floor.