25 residents without a home after house fire on Malden St. in Springfield

Hampden County

Twenty-five people are without a home after a house fire on Malden Street Friday evening.

Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger tweeted around 6:11 p.m. that the city’s firefighters were working on a fire at 106 Malden Street.

Leger explained that fire crews found a kitchen fire inside a three story, six family apartment building. The fire was quickly put out with no injuries reported.

Fire officials have confirmed that the fire was caused by stove top grease.

The building has been condemned until repairs are made.

The displaced tenants are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today