WESTFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Three men were taken to the hospital after they were overcome by noxious fumes in Westfield Tuesday night.
Police told 22News it was a hazardous materials situation on Christopher Drive.
Westfield Police Officer Fabricio Ochoa told 22News that three men had mixed up chemicals for some bathroom tile work just before 9 p.m. when they had a medical emergency.
Two of the men were outside, but firefighters had to suit up in protective gear to get the third victim out of the house.
Officer Ochoa said the firefighters brought in fans to vent the house and the residents were allowed back inside.
The three men are being monitored at Baystate Noble Hospital until they’re cleared to leave.