AGAWAM, Mass. (WWLP) – Four people are without a home following a fire on Main Street in Agawam Wednesday morning.
The Agawam family lost four pets when they were were burned out of their home.
Agawam Fire Chief Alan Sirois told 22News the fire happened at a residence located at 844 Main Street.
The four people who escaped the fire are making alternative living arrangements. The house is right next to, and is part of “Granny’s Place” farm stand.
Agawam Fire Lt. James Deming told 22News the family lost three cats and a bird in the fire.
Lt. Deming said the fire was likely accidental, but the fire department would release a report on cause and origin of the fire Thursday.