No injuries, two cats given oxygen after house fire in Palmer

Hampden County

PALMER, Mass. (WWLP) – There were no injuries after a fire burned through a home in Bondsville Thursday evening.

Paul Sigovitch, the assistant Fire Chief of Bondsville, told 22News that firefighters responded to a report of a house fire in Palmer located on Jim Ash Street at 5:36 p.m. Thursday.

Sigovitch said that the fire started in the front bedroom and was contained there. However, there was smoke damage caused elsewhere in the home. The homeowner indicated an issue with the heating unit and reported flames up by the window.

Sigovitch said no one was injured in the fire, and two cats were rescued and given oxygen. Bondsville, Palmer and Three Rivers Fire Departments were present.

The state fire marshall will be investigating the fire.

22News will continue to update you as more information becomes available.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation
LIVE NOW /
22News Morning Newscast

Trending Stories