HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – The suspect accused of killing the man found on South Bridge Street in Holyoke is currently being held without bail.
Hampden County DA Spokesperson Jim Leydon told 22News, 30-year-old Jean Carlos Rivera of Holyoke is charged with murder for the shooting that happened on South Bridge Street last week.
A man was found dead with a gunshot wound last Friday morning. That victim has been identified as 21-year-old Jesus Otero Marrero of Holyoke. 30-year-old Merkin Andrade of Holyoke was arrested and charged with misleading a police investigation and accessory to murder. He is being held on $105,000 bail.
The shooting on South Bridge Street is one of two in a 3-day period.
The other deadly shooting happened on Sargeant Street on Saturday. Leydon said officers found a man suffering from a gunshot wound on 133 Sargeant Street and he was taken to the hospital.
That victim has been identified as 21-year-old Racquese Wright of Springfield. No arrests have been made in that case.
- Chicopee confirms 20 cases of COVID-19
- Hampden County Sheriff’s Department not releasing inmates due to coronavirus concern
- Six Flags New England to delay opening
- Chicopee Police Chief in recovery after open heart surgery
- Dance video made for East Longmeadow elementary school students