WESTFIELD, Mass (WWLP) – A 19-year-old man was held without the right to bail on a murder charge in connection with the death of a 17-year-old whose body was found in Stanley Park Thursday night.
Hampden County District Attorney’s Office spokesman Jim Leydon told 22News, 19-year-old Vadym Misiruk of Westfield is being charged with murder for his alleged involvement in the homicide of 17-year-old Nazar Tkach of Southwick.
Misiruk entered a not guilty plea in Westfield District Court Friday morning is scheduled to be in court again on October 4.
MUGSHOT: Vadym Misiruk
The victim’s body was discovered around 3:30 p.m Thursday in the park, located at 400 Western Ave., near the Kensington Ave. entrance. The area was blocked off for most of the day and evening but has since reopened.
DOCUMENTS: Vadym Misiruk Criminal Complaint (viewer discretion advised)
View court documents regarding Westfield murder suspect Vadym Misiruk’s criminal past. Westfield murder suspect
- An MLK’s tradition was celebrated virtually for the first time
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions
- Four people injured after multiple shootings in Monroe County
- Gray’s 17 points lead Florida State past Louisville 78-65