Basement laundry room fire in Springfield caused by smoking materials

Hampden County
Springfield fire friday web_1555112917356.jpg.jpg

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – No injuries were reported after a laundry room fire at a house on Bancroft Street late Friday afternoon. 

Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News the fire at 91 Bancroft St. was reported shortly after 4 p.m. Crews found a basement laundry fire inside the home and quickly put it out. 

The Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad determined the cause of the basement laundry room fire to be improper disposal of smoking materials. 

The fire caused under $5,000 in damages. 

Find 22News on TwitterFacebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today