SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – This year’s Enshrinement weekend will return to Springfield this September.
The Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame has scheduled the Class of 2021 enshrinement for September 11. The day will begin with the VIP Reception at the Hall of Fame, followed by the Red Carpet Show at the MassMutual Center and then the Enshrinement also at the MassMutual Center.
Representatives with the Basketball Hall of Fame told 22News they’re excited to be back in the birth place of basketball.
“The enshrinement ceremony belongs at it roots, and the roots are here at the Hall of Fame in Springfield,” said Greg Procino, Vice President at the Basketball Hall of Fame.
This year’s Class of 2021 includes:
- Ninth-winningest coach in NBA history Rick Adelman
- Two-time NBA champion and 11-time NBA All-Star Chris Bosh
- NBA Finals MVP and 10-time NBA All-Star Paul Pierce
- The first Black NBA head coach Bill Russell
- Four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year and NBA Champion Ben Wallace
- Five-time NBA All-Star and NBA Rookie of the Year Chris Webber
- Two-time NCAA national champion Villanova coach Jay Wright
- Seven-time WNBA All-Star and two-time Olympic gold medalist Yolanda Griffith
- Seven-time WNBA All-Star and three-time WNBA Most Valuable Player Lauren Jackson
Tickets for the year’s enshrinement are available on the Hall of Fame’s website. An Awards Gala will also be held the day before, Friday, September 10, at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut.