SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield police say they are conducting an investigation into an unattended death, following the discovery of a body in the city’s Six Corners neighborhood Thursday.
Ryan Walsh, spokesperson for the Springfield Police Department, a worker saw an unresponsive man near the Mill River by Rifle Street at 9:30 a.m and paramedics determined that the man was dead.
Walsh said that it is an unattended death investigation and not a criminal investigation and the medical examiner will determine the cause of death.
Rifle Street was closed between Allen Street and Central Street but has since reopened. Multiple police cruisers, an ambulance, and fire truck were called to the area to assist.
Police have left and the police tape has been removed.
Become a 22News Traffic Tracker // Get real-time driving traffic updates and detour information. Download the Waze App.
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus
- Chicopee artist Austin Fair nominated for two Boston Music Awards
- Local Boys & Girls Club to host socially distant Halloween events
- 22News Notebook for October 29th
- Trunk or Treat event held in Springfield