SPRINGFIELD, Mass (WWLP) – The Boston Bruins third annual fan fest returned to Springfield Friday.
Fans were invited to join Bruins players and coaches in Forest Park from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Did you go to the fan fest? Send your fan photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following their Stanley Cup run, the team is taking part in a seven-city tour across New England. One of their stops took place Friday afternoon in Forest Park.
Fans took part in different games, photo, and autograph opportunities with players and coaches. The team is supplying hockey gear for more than 5,000 kids who signed up for the Bruins Academy Learn to Play Program. One Bruins fan told 22News events like these expose the game of hockey to fans of all ages.
“I think it means a lot especially for the kids, I think it’s great, they’ve got the bruins fit going on so I think its good for the community, especially taking the time to go city to city I think it’s huge,” said Casey Savino of Springfield.
The Bruins begin their season against Dallas on October 3.
- UMASS climate science center awarded $4.5-million
- Program to stop underage drinking on college campuses begins
- Springfield man arrested after allegedly running with loaded high capacity firearm
- Springfield Fire Dept. awarded over $1 million for new gear, firefighters
- Three taken to hospital after two-car crash in Springfield