Building evacuated due to gas leak in Chicopee

Hampden County

CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The Standex Engraving Mold Tech building in Chicopee was evacuated due to a gas leak Monday morning.

Chicopee firefighters were called to the gas leak on Chicopee Street at around 10:45 a.m.

Chicopee Fire Department Deputy Chief Wayne Lemay told 22News an employee at the company smelled a gas odor and called 911.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Donate Today