(WWLP) – The Chamber of Commerce toured small businesses to discuss economic recovery during the holiday season with local owners on Monday.
Senator Eric Lesser visited the ‘Scented Garden Gift Shop’ on Boston Road, where he shared his appreciation for their operations during the pandemic. Small businesses help stimulate local economic growth and Senator Lesser says it’s important to give them a boost during the holidays.
“Our small businesses are the anchors of our communities they’re owned locally, they employee people locally, they supply local products, and they give a great place for local artisans and other makers crafts to be sold. So it’s just so important to be supporting local businesses during the holidays,” said Lesser.
The following locations are scheduled on the tour:
- Vanished Valley Brewing located at 782 Center Street in Ludlow
- The Scented Garden Gift Shoppe located at 2341 Boston Road in Wilbraham
- Rosewood Home & Gifts located at 2 Somers Road in Hampden
- Pete’s Sweets located at 32 Shaker Road in East Longmeadow
- Center Square Grill located at 84 Center Square in East Longmeadow
- The Longmeadow Shops located at 690 Bliss Road in Longmeadow
Many small establishments are still under pressure after the pandemic caused closures, labor shortages, or reduced profits. The state is encouraging residents to reserve some of their holiday shopping for small businesses.