SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno promises to “throw the book” at a Chicopee company for illegal dumping in a Forest Park neighborhood.
A police investigation tracked the contents of a Springfield apartment to a company in Chicopee.
The company reportedly admitted dumping debris onto Porter Lake Drive abutting Forest Park one week ago.
Mayor Sarno responded, “How dare they? How dare they anywhere in the city of Springfield, anywhere in the Commonwealth, or America? But to have the gall and disrespect.”
The mayor ordered the mess cleaned up after receiving a call from Porter Lake Drive neighbors. Sarno then directed police to investigate the source of the illegal dumping.
- MA lawmakers call for more Covid-19 data to be released by DPH
- Franklin, Berkshire County organizations create Covid-19 small business assistance programs
- Moran, Velis join Senate in trying times
- Air conditioning maintenance and safety tips
- Sodexo delivers over 850K meals to Springfield students during pandemic