SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno promises to “throw the book” at a Chicopee company for illegal dumping in a Forest Park neighborhood.
A police investigation tracked the contents of a Springfield apartment to a company in Chicopee.
The company reportedly admitted dumping debris onto Porter Lake Drive abutting Forest Park one week ago.
Mayor Sarno responded, “How dare they? How dare they anywhere in the city of Springfield, anywhere in the Commonwealth, or America? But to have the gall and disrespect.”
The mayor ordered the mess cleaned up after receiving a call from Porter Lake Drive neighbors. Sarno then directed police to investigate the source of the illegal dumping.
- Springfield Police officers honored for bravery, heroism at commendation ceremony
- You could be jailed for calling someone the “b-word” in Massachusetts
- Tapestry in Greenfield discuss safe drug use at open house
- Methadone clinic in Springfield to hire police detail, mayor says
- Federal law enforcement agencies investigate entertainment businesses downtown Springfield