Chicopee firefighters put out fire on Victoria Park

Hampden County
Chicopee firefighters put out fire on Victoria Park

Firefighters in Chicopee  put out a fire at 49 Victoria Park early Monday morning.

According to the Chicopee Fire Prevention Officer Mike Galarneau, the most likely cause of the fire was improper disposal of pellet stove ashes. 

The fire was all in the attic and caused a significant amount of damage.

Firefighters got the call for the fire at around 4 a.m. The owner and her children were able to make it out of the home safely with no injuries.

Maria Alambertus, the owner of the home, said this was the second fire she’s had in her house in the last five years.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Watch Live 7PM: Sunday Night Football

Trending Stories

Toys for Tots

More Toys for Tots