SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Nearly a dozen Springfield residents are without a home following a house fire on Wallace Street late Tuesday afternoon.
Springfield fire officials said crews were called to 19 Wallace Street for the fire shortly after 4 p.m. The Arson and Bomb Squad determined the fire started in the kitchen due to unattended cooking appliances.
No one was hurt in the fire, but it caused extensive damage, leaving nine people without a place to call home.
Those nine people are being assisted by the Red Cross.