SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Half a dozen people were forced out of their home following a fire at a Springfield residence on Chapin Terrace Friday afternoon.
The Springfield Fire Department said no injuries were reported in the house fire and the six individuals are being assisted by the local Red Cross.
Crews were called to the fire at 33 Chapin Terrace before 3 p.m. and quickly extinguished the flames.
After investigating, the fire department’s Arson and Bomb Squad determined the fire started in the second-floor bedroom of the home due to an electrical malfunction.
It is unclear when the six people will be able to return home.