MONSON, Mass. (WWLP) – The Monson Fire Department was sent to 151 Stafford Hollow Road in Monson for a reported chimney fire on Saturday.

According to the Monson Fire Department, at 12:13 p.m. on Saturday, crews were notified about smoke coming from the house.

Crews from Monson, Stafford, and Wales were called in to help put out the fire. The fire was quickly contained after a minor extension from the fire from the chimney to the attic area.

There is no word if there were any injuries or the cause of the fire.

Local News

WWLP-22News, an NBC affiliate, began broadcasting in March 1953 providing local news, network, syndicated, and local programming to western Massachusetts. Follow 22News on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.