Crews respond to kitchen fire at Springfield homeless shelter

Hampden County

Photo: Springfield Fire Department

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at a homeless shelter in Springfield Saturday.

Springfield Fire Captain Brian Tetreault told 22News, crews were called to Friends of the Homeless at 769 Worthington Street for a small fire in a community kitchen just before 5 p.m. Saturday evening.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly and no injuries were reported.

The Springfield Arson & Bomb Squad determined the cause of the fire to be unattended cooking.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today