WESTFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Westfield Mayor Brian Sullivan was among the walkers in Westfield Tuesday night at the Columbia Greenway Rail Trail.
The rail trail has organized these summer time, Tuesday night events to highlight the benefits of biking, walking and meeting new people in a healthy activity.
Board member for the Columbia Greenway Rail Trail, Alyce Flyte told 22News, "The bicyclists traditionally go down to Shaker Farms and return, which is about two miles. And then 2 miles back. The walkers go to the first bridge which is about a mile and a mile back."
These healthy social events take place every Tuesday night at 6 p.m. during the summer at The Columbia Greenway Rail Trail in Westfield.
- Major street flooding in Westfield caused by Tuesday's heavy rain
- Mass notifications sent out Tuesday by National Weather Service for severe weather
- Lightning strikes tree, metal fence carries charge to Wilbraham home causing fire damage
- Westover sees huge dip in attendance at 2018 air and space show
Copyright 2018 Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Lab-grown meat could be in restaurants in 3 years
- Arrest brings Texas killing spree to end
- Boy left behind at summer camp suffers heat exhaustion
- Alabama man walked 20 miles to work given boss' car