SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A suspected drug dealer in Springfield is facing several charges after state, federal, and local authorities raided an apartment on Acushnet Avenue Thursday morning.
At around 9:30 a.m., Massachusetts State Police troopers, the FBI, DEA, and Springfield Police officers executed a search warrant at 93 Acushnet Avenue, arrested 41-year-old Mario Monge, and seized two handguns, 169 grams of cocaine, 300 Oxycodone pills, along with $183,928 in cash.
Authorities suspected the apartment to be the location of a significant cocaine distribution operation.
Monge was arrested outside the Acushnet Ave. residence and taken to the State Police Springfield-Barracks to be booked on the following charges:
- Unlawful possession of a firearm by a person with at least three prior convictions for violent crimes or drug crimes (two counts)
- Possession of a large capacity feeding device
- Possession of a firearm in commission of a felony, subsequent offense (two counts)
- Possession of ammunition without a Firearm Identification Card (two counts)
- Improper storage of a firearm (two counts)
- Trafficking cocaine
- Trafficking Oxycodone
- Possession of heroin with intent to distribute