Dryer fire put out in AIC dorm laundry room

Hampden County
AIC dryer fire_1555240471811.JPG.jpg

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Firefighters put out a dryer fire at American International College late Saturday night. 

According to Springfield Fire Spokesperson Dennis Leger, firefighters were called to the Magna-Hall dorm at 11:02 p.m. for a dryer fire in a basement laundry room.

Leger said the fire started when lint buildup caused the dryer to overheat. No one was injured, but the fire caused $3,000 worth of smoke, heat, and equipment damage. 

Find 22News on TwitterFacebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to reportit@wwlp.com.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today