Two explosions injured multiple people in western Massachusetts on Tuesday.
Firefighters with the Ware Fire Department had to help four people who were hurt during an explosion on Dunham Avenue.
Deputy fire Chief Ed Wloch told 22News that someone added a flammable liquid to a fire pit, and it exploded around 9 p.m. Tuesday night.
Firefighters found three burn victims and a fourth person complaining of throat pain.
All four people were brought to Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, which is right across the street from the home. One of those people has been discharged from the hospital so far.
Earlier in the day, another explosion happened in West Springfield. Similar to the one in Ware, a man poured an accelerant onto a fire pit, and it blew up.
The fire left the man with second and third-degree burns over more than sixty percent of his body. He is now in a medically induced coma.
The West Springfield Fire Department is reminding people not to use gasoline or any flammable liquids on firepits or grills.