SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A Farmers Market at STCC will be on campus every week starting Wednesday until November 13.
According to a news release sent to 22News, every Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m, vendors are set up between Scribelli and Deliso Hall.
This is the sixth consecutive fall season for local farmers market on the STCC campus. Some students had lunch while others got a taste of some fresh produce. Farmer John Alves told 22News, it’s not only the students that make his visit to the college campus worthwhile.
“There’s a lot of people come from the neighborhood, they know we’re here, they have a lot of snap benefits and things of that nature,” said Alves. “So they know they can use them here. We like bringing the farm to the city.”
The market will provide fresh produce, food, crafts, and music!
The following vendors will be selling their goods at the market:
- Wicked Good Treats- chocolates and confections
- Farmer and the Cheese- vegetables, herbs, fruit, meat and dairy, community-supported agriculture
- South View Farm – flowers, plants, fruit and vegetables
- Fat Boyz BBQ – barbecue food truck
- Granny’s Place – vegetables, fruit, flowers, herbs, honey, jam
- Pitchfork Farm – eggs, honey, baskets, bones, meat
- Mark’s Clay Creations – polymer clay jewelry and bowls, vegetables
- TruLee Scrumptious – bakery with gluten and dairy free options
- Gardening The Community – value added products, fruit, vegetables
For every student who qualifies, STCC’s Center for Access Services will provide a weekly $10 voucher. Vendors accept cash, credit and debit cards in addition to SNAP, WIC and Elder benefits.
Free parking is available in marked 15-minute spots outside the market in Parking Lot D.