Fire at South End apartment building

Hampden County
main street fire springfield_778608

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield firefighters worked overnight to put out an attic fire at an apartment building in the city’s South End.

Dennis Leger, aide to the Springfield fire commissioner, told 22News that the fire started on the third floor of 574 Main Street just after midnight. Leger said the fire was sparked by electrical wires on the ceiling.

Firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames, and no one was hurt. Leger said the fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damage.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today

Contests and Sweepstakes