Fire at Student Prince caused by conduit malfunction

Hampden County

The cause of the fire at the Student Prince restaurant in Springfield last month was released.

Springfield Fire spokesman, Dennis Leger told 22News – an underground conduit experienced an electrical failure. That led to a fire inside of the conduit, which then spread to a junction box, in the restaurant’s basement.

Firefighters were able to quickly put the fire out, and no one was hurt.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today