Fire on Elijah Street in Springfield caused by clothes dryer

Hampden County

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Firefighters put out a fire to a basement on Elijah Street in Springfield overnight Sunday.

According to Springfield Fire Captain Drew Piemonte, firefighters were called to 74 Elijah Street just after 1 a.m. for a reported fire in a dryer.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire and the Springfield Arson and Bomb Squad determined that the fire started in a clothes dryer. All residents of the home were able to evacuate and return home. No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today