INDIAN ORCHARD, Mass. (WWLP) – Seven people have been taken to the hospital following a fire at a home in the Indian Orchard section of Springfield Wednesday morning.
Springfield Fire Department Capt. Drew Piemonte told 22News firefighters were called to 365 Water Street for a report of a fire at around 5:30 P.M. Piemonte said there was heavy fire coming from the home when firefighters got there.
Seven people, three adults, and four children made it out of the house but were all taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Piemonte said that the seven were all conscious at the time they were taken to the hospital.
Piemonte also said several cats were rescued from the home. There is no word on the cause of the fire at this time.
- What to expect if you plan on voting on Election Day
- Pittsfield Police looking for missing teenage boy
- Activist ordered to stay away from Gov. Baker’s home after allegedly leaving dirty needles
- Greenfield residents taking advantage of early voting
- Step by Step guide on how to turn off Facebook voter registration prompts (WITH IMAGES)