CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Fire officials were called after a small fire started at the Walmart on Memorial Drive in Chicopee Wednesday night.
Chicopee Police Department spokesman officer Mike Wilk told 22News there was a “small possible electric fire in the pharmacy area,” which caused the store to be evacuated as a precaution.
Members of the Chicopee Fire Department were called to determine what exactly caused the fire.
Store employees were allowed back inside after a short period of time and business resumed as scheduled.
- Courts for Kids president visits Springfield College
- Maintaining smoke alarms essential to fire safety
- Logan Airport to begin screening for coronavirus, UMass Amherst suspends study abroad program
- 22News Notebook for January 29th
- NTSB: Helicopter that killed Kobe Bryant did not have recommended warning system