Fire put out in bedroom on South Elm Street in Holyoke

Hampden County

(Holyoke Fire Department)

HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – Firefighters worked to put out a fire in a third floor bedroom at a 2-family home in Holyoke Tuesday afternoon.

According to Holyoke Fire Department, crews were called to 403 South Elm Street at around 10:00 a.m. for a report of smoke coming out of a third-floor window.

When they arrived, crews found smoke coming from the third-floor attic bedroom. The fire was contained to the one bedroom however, the second-floor was damaged by smoke and water.

Six residents will not be able to stay in the home and are being assisted by the Red Cross. No injuries were reported.

The Holyoke Fire Department said the cause of the fire was a space heater in the third floor bedroom.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

State Police Overtime Scandal

More State Police Overtime Investigation

Trending Stories

Donate Today