Dog killed, 2 cats rescued from house fire in Springfield

Hampden County

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A family dog was killed in a house fire on Quincy Street in Springfield Thursday afternoon. 

The Springfield Fire Department was called to 199 Quincy Street shortly after 12:30 p.m. Crews arrived to find the house fire but were able to extinguish it. 

One dog died and two cats were rescued from the burning house. 

Springfield fire officials determined the cause of the house fire to be careless disposal of a cigarette. 

It is unknown if the residents of that home would be able to return. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Only on WWLP.com | Digital First

More Digital First

Trending Stories

Donate Today