SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – There’s now a new lunch option in Springfield on Fridays! MGM Springfield is launched their Food Truck Fridays series this week.
The downtown lunch crowd took advantage of the range of foods offered by the nine food trucks.
Wahlburgers also attracted its share of attention. Mark Wahlberg’s restaurant is scheduled to open on Main Street at some point.
Visiting Springfield from Chicago, Sandra Cichon told 22News, she felt right at home since food truck events are extremely popular in the mid-west, “I love it, I love it, this gives you a chance to taste a little bit of everything. We started with the grilled cheese, was excellent.”
Every Friday through the rest of spring and summer, food trucks will be parked outside the casino from 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
This Food Truck Friday will feature the following:
- Guac This Way by MGM Springfield
- Asian-Inspired Food Truck by MGM Springfield
- Italian Gelato by MGM Springfield
- Wahlburgers of Boston
- Liberty Rock Tavern of Milford, Conn.
- Holyoke Hummus of Holyoke, Mass.
- Say Cheese of Worcester, Conn.
- Hot Oven Cookies of Springfield, Mass.
- Kona Ice of Stamford, Conn.
- Palazzo of Springfield, Mass.
- Sweet Chili’s of Springfield, Mass.