WESTFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Franklin Avenue Elementary School in Westfield has reopened after a gas leak was reported early Tuesday morning.
Westfield Gas and Electric Company spokesperson Lisa Stowe told 22News there was a report of gas odor coming from the elementary school during drop off hours. Stowe said crew members arrived at the school and used a tool to measure gas in the air, however, there was no gas detected.
Stowe did, however, confirm there were two places on the boiler equipment that showed a low-level leak. The Franklin Avenue Elementary school told 22News the leak has been fixed and students were able to enter the building around 9:40 a.m.
- East Longmeadow Rotary Club welcomes Fall season with town-wide celebration
- Annual Source to Sea Cleanup takes place along CT River in Westfield
- Big E sees traditionally busy second weekend
- Are your old video games worth anything?
- Man charged with hate crime after threatening US Olympic athlete training in California park