Several homes have been evacuated in an East Springfield neighborhood due to a gas leak.
Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News the gas leak is at a vacant home located at 142 Windemere Street.
He said students at nearby Samuel Bowles Elementary School were also evacuated as a precaution.
Springfield Police Department spokesman Ryan Walsh told 22News the gas has been shut off in the area.
When our 22News crew got there, we could see that Bowles Park and a section of Windemere Street were blocked off to drivers.