CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – With Covid-19 cases rising, health experts are encouraging people to mask up.
Right now, Hampden County is considered at high risk for community spread. Masks can be used as a tool for preventing not only Covid-19 but other Respiratory viruses, which have also been sweeping across the country and filling some hospitals to capacity.
The CDC continues to advise people in high-risk areas to wear them in order to help slow the spread.
The CDC offers these tips to help stop the spread of Covid-19:
- Wear a high-quality mask or respirator.
- If you are at high risk of getting very sick, consider avoiding non-essential indoor activities in public where you could be exposed.
- If you have household or social contact with someone at high risk for getting very sick, consider self-testing to detect infection before contact, and consider wearing a high-quality mask when indoors with them.
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines, including recommended booster doses.
- Maintain ventilation improvements.
- Avoid contact with people who have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow recommendations for isolation if you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow the recommendations for what to do if you are exposed to someone with COVID-19.