BLANDFORD, Mass. (WWLP) – A hunter discovered what is believed to be a human skull in the woods in Blandford on Sunday.
Massachusetts State Police spokesman Dave Procopio told 22News a trooper was dispatched to the woods off Herrick Road and confirmed the skull appeared to be human.
Additional troopers and a K9 team trained in detecting human remains were called in to search the area Sunday and Monday, but they did not find any other remains.
Procopio said the investigation into the identity of the person whose partial remains were found is ongoing. Anyone involved in outdoor activities in that wooded area of Blandford is asked to keep an eye out for clothing or any other personal items that may help them in their investigation. Any discoveries should be reported to state police at 413-862-3312.
Hampden County District Attorney’s Office spokesman Jim Leydon said the discovery does not pose a threat to public safety to anyone in the area.
- 12 people without a home after massive house fire in Springfield
- Police: Pop Smoke’s social media led killers to LA home
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing
- IBWC demands water Mexico owes US, otherwise Texas ranchers, communities ‘suffer’
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July