Six Flags New England’s annual holiday festival, Holiday in the Park, will start on Friday.
According to Six Flags New England Spokesperson Jennifer McGrath, the event will run on weekends and select days from Friday until January 1.
The festival features one million LED lights, Christmas trees, rides, shows, food, and holiday decoration.
“Holiday in the Park is the largest holiday celebration in the region and has quickly become a beloved and time-honored holiday tradition for guests of all ages,” said Park President Pete Carmichael. “The park is transformed into an enchanting, winter wonderland where families and friends can gather to enjoy the magic and wonder of this very special time of year.”
The festival will also include visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus along with a nightly lighting of the 50-foot Kingle Lane Tree at 5 p.m.
Holiday in the Park events include:
- November 23: Buy One, Give One Holiday Plush campaign to benefit Baystate Children’s Hospital
- November 25: Coat Drive (Free admission with a donation of a new or used coat)
- December 1: Blood Drive (Free admission with a donation of blood to the American Red Cross)
- December 8: Food Drive (Free admission with a donation of 25+ non-perishable items)
- December 8 & 9: Ice Fest (Ice bar, larger than life ice sculptures and specialty entertainment)
- December 21: Ugly Sweater Contest (Wear an Ugly Sweater and receive $20.18 entry)