HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – This Election Day, Holyoke voters are deciding whether to move forward with the construction of two new middle schools.
Ballot Question 1 asks residents whether they want to approve a Proposition 2 1/2 override, which would raise their property taxes in order to build the two new middle schools.
Each middle school would have 550 students when they’re completed in three years. There has been a strong sentiment on both sides of the school construction question.
- Preventing ice dams on roofs during cold-to-warm cycle this week
- STCC hosts Emergency Medical Training program
- 5th Annual “Cop on Top” fundraiser on Chicopee Walmart
- “Homeless for the Holidays” fundraiser in West Springfield
- Winter Farmers’ Market open in Greenfield Saturday