HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – This Election Day, Holyoke voters are deciding whether to move forward with the construction of two new middle schools.
Ballot Question 1 asks residents whether they want to approve a Proposition 2 1/2 override, which would raise their property taxes in order to build the two new middle schools.
Each middle school would have 550 students when they’re completed in three years. There has been a strong sentiment on both sides of the school construction question.
- Teenager arrested after stabbing two relatives at a home in Montague
- How recent wet weather has changed our rainfall deficit
- Baystate Health: No COVID-19 patients at Noble, Franklin hospital
- 15-year-old girl shot during Braintree shooting, suspect identified
- Two brothers facing charges after police recover illegal firearms in Springfield